Tuesday 27 January 2015

"Sound effects play an important role in conveying action. Music helps express emotion." - Michael Geisler

To test out this opinion, I decided to watch a scene from two different films. First was "The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1", an action film that was released in 2014. I watched a scene which was full of weapons, planes and tanks shooting at the main character. It was nowhere near as exciting although I could still work out what was going on. Next, I watched another favourite of mine "The Fault in Our Stars" which is a romantic drama. I watched a scene which has upset me in the past and instantly noticed how important the music was in this scene. Although I knew what was going on, I did not feel as emotional about this scene as I usually did. I watched both scenes from both films again, with the sound on and noticed an extreme difference. I definitely agree with Michael Geisler's quote. 

No comments:

Post a Comment